Buyer’s Guide To Prefabricated
Homes/Mobiles And Modular Homes
Our mobile are built indoors in our factory. The finished products are covered and transported to their new locations. They are leveled by a erection team at the location. These units are also referred to as Park homes and Mobiles. Our standard width is 3000 mm, two units can be built and joint together creating a 6000 mm double wide unit. Maximum length is 18 meters.
We manufacture two types of prefabricated systems:
- Chromadek Modular Buildings
- Mobile Buildings or Park Homes
Interesting facts about modular structures – why you should use prefab building:
- Prefabricated buildings can be customized, allowing you to build according to your own style.
- The designs of prefab buildings vary in style and size.
- Modular construction can be used for commercial applications.
- Modular buildings are permanent structures.
- Prefab buildings are faster to build than masonry structures.
- Modular homes can be built for accessible living and designed for future conveniences.
How is Chromadek Modular buildings installed?
- Base Rail – Galvanised rail that overlaps the foundation is fixed to the slab.
- Wall Panels – 0.5 mm Chromadek sheets are used for external cladding. It is bonded to a polystyrene core for the inside. These panels are fitted into 1.2 mm galvanised top channels and the base rail fixed to the concrete slab. This is the basis of the durable and water-proof wall of the modular buildings.
- Roofs and Ceilings – Depending on the purpose of the modular buildings, either timber or light weight steel trusses with a 20⁰ pitch and gypsum suspended ceilings are used for pitched roofs, or pre-bonded sandwich panels with chromadek steel ceilings on the inside, and IBR profile sheets on the outside. These sandwich roof panels can be installed at a minimum of 7°. Depending on the span, 50 – 100 mm thick pre-bonded sandwich panels are used.
- Windows – Aluminium windows are available in various sizes to suit your buildings.
- Doors – All external and internal doors are Chromadek clad with polystyrene core.
F.Y.I – Mobiles/Park homes are manufactured in a factory, they can be built fairly quickly — in a matter of weeks, as opposed to months. There are no delays in constructing due to weather condition as they are built indoors. This also means that all inspections are performed at the factory during each phase of construction by an inspector. Any quality checks and corrections are completed before the buildings are transported to their permanent locations.